Maastricht (MST) closure

For all the cancelled and discontinuous Ryanair routes and old Ryanair destinations and airports.

Moderators: atoutprix, Wouter

Wouter
FR Fan
FR Fan

Maastricht (MST) base closure

Post by Wouter » 13 Dec 2013, 14:16

Sad day for Maastricht-Aachen Airport. This morning the based crew has been informed that as of March 2014 the base will be closed. Until now, these are routes are still bookable: Alicante, Bari, Faro, Porto, Palma de Mallroca , Girona and Trapani. All other routes will probably be cancelled (Bergamo, Pisa, Malaga, Treviso, Brive, Tenerife, Stansted and Dublin)

HollandRyanair
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Re: Maastricht (MST) closure

Post by HollandRyanair » 13 Dec 2013, 15:36

Wouter wrote:Sad day for Maastricht-Aachen Airport. This morning the based crew has been informed that as of March 2014 the base will be closed. Until now, these are routes are still bookable: Alicante, Bari, Faro, Porto, Palma de Mallroca , Girona and Trapani. All other routes will probably be cancelled (Bergamo, Pisa, Malaga, Treviso, Brive, Tenerife, Stansted and Dublin)
Very sad indeed! MST has financial problems, so this will definitely not contribute in solving those. I must say.. MST only has a market for summer seasonal flights to Spain and Portugal if you ask me. It's simply too close to Eindhoven for routes like DUB and STN. Flew from MST to/from Palma, Tenerife, Girona and Faro myself, with good loads.

boeing767
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Re: Maastricht (MST) cancellations

Post by boeing767 » 16 Dec 2013, 21:49

Maastricht base to be closed as per the new Summer season, due to lack of aircraft.
Cancelled routes:
Maastricht - Brive
Maastricht - Dublin
Maastricht - London Stansted
Maastricht - Malaga
Maastricht - Milan Bergamo
Maastricht - Pisa
Maastricht - Tenerife
Maastricht - Venice Treviso

Service reductions:
Maastricht - Alicante reduces from 4 to 3 weekly
Maastricht - Palma reduces from 3 to 2 weekly
Maastricht - Trapani reduces from 3 to 2 weekly

Also, Ryanair is cancelling the route Groningen - Milan Bergamo

gunk67
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Maastricht (MST) closure

Post by gunk67 » 04 Jan 2014, 11:43

Ryanair has stopped using airport maastricht,but rumors has beeing going on that the new director of the airport of deurne (antwerp) Belgium.is talking with a low cost airline about using there airport.

Ryanflyer13
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Post by Ryanflyer13 » 04 Jan 2014, 14:43

Hello, your quote about Antwerp Airport is very interesting. Where did you hear this? What I do not understand is the technical feasability.... Antwerp Airport has a runway of 1500 meters, and I believe the 737-800 requires 1800 meters of runway, so how is it possible?

Ryanflyer13
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Post by Ryanflyer13 » 04 Jan 2014, 14:53

by the way, I think they only negotiate with BMI, not Ryan.
http://www.gva.be/regio-antwerpen-stad/ ... ijven.aspx

gunk67
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Post by gunk67 » 04 Jan 2014, 15:57

Hello,they are working on a safety strip wich is needed to aply at certain international rules,and the airport has already the C3 certificut wich means that a boeing 737 is the biggest airplane that is aloud to land in Deurne.The new director of airport Deurne was the director of the airport Brussels Charleroi,and he said 2 months ago that talks has beeing held with 2 airline companys and 1 of them is a low cost company,but he did not say the name of the company.But i think it would be Ryanair,because they closed they routes at Maastricht airport.

Ryanflyer13
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Post by Ryanflyer13 » 04 Jan 2014, 21:44

Hi, thanks for your information update, are you sure that BMI is the other one and not the low(er) cost one? if you have any transcripts or so please let me know! regards