About Ryanair

Moderators: atoutprix, Wouter

Ryanairmadrid
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

AGB - Always Getting Better Programme

Post by Ryanairmadrid » 08 Mar 2016, 19:00

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 17455.html

Ryanair’s approach to improving Customer Experience is called ‘Always Getting Better’ – as you can see from the image, it contains 8 areas of focus that demonstrates their movement from being purely driven by price. It is so amazing to hear Michael O’Leary talking about Customer Experience – I have been desperate to ‘test’ out their improved approach to the poor old customer. Last week, my chance came. On the 26th August, I flew from Liverpool to Dublin and back again. Have they really changed? Can they live up to the promises being made so publicly in their customer charter? Let me give you my point of view based on the two flights I experienced. In each case, I will say whether I believe they have PASSED or FAILED in their attempt to deliver their new promises:

1. Always Getting Better (we promise to listen and be open to change; we promise to be relentless in finding new ways to improve your travel experience and the choice of destinations we offer)

PASS – there is no doubt in my mind that Ryanair are making it very clear that they have a genuine intention to keep changing. That is incredibly refreshing for so many reasons. In my experience, I can say that everything FELT different – did it feel amazing – no, but then I did not expect that either.

2. Value (we promise we are always finding ways to lower costs from our business operation & pass these savings on to you; we promise you the lowest fares in Europe on every route we fly; we promise to always check our competitors fares every day to make sure that no one can beat our lowest fares; we promise to offer great promotional fares that will save you even more; we promise we will never impose a fuel surcharge; we promise our Business PLUS service will give our customers flexible fares and other benefits at unbeatable fares)

PASS – the masters of low cost keep getting this important differentiator right. I actually chose to try their Business PLUS service, but even that was a very good price. It cost me less money to fly return to Dublin than it did to get a train from Chester to London one way!! I was also impressed with the ‘fast track’ benefits afforded to my Business PLUS ticket. All in all, very good.

3. Choice (we promise you the widest choice; we promise to work hard to develop our route network so you can always have new destinations to enjoy; we promise to release our seasonal schedules sooner than our competitors so you can book early and get our lowest fares; we promise to work hard to improve our flight times on our busiest routes)

PASS – not a lot to say here – there is a huge amount of choice – the promise is fulfilled!!

4. Safety (we promise to operate the newest, cleanest and greenest fleet in Europe that is maintained and operated to the highest standards; we promise to use the most modern technology to support our highly trained pilot and cabin crew)

PASS – although this passes the test, it is a difficult one to rate as I personally take this as a GIVEN!!! I expect all airlines to be able to promise safety – there is no denying that Ryanair has the newest, cleanest and greenest fleet of aircraft though.

5. Enjoyable (we promise that every Ryanair flight will be crewed by a team of well trained and passionate professionals who ensure you have an enjoyable and on time flight; we now allow you to bring a free of charge small second carry on bag and reserve a seat; we promise you a great choice in our in flight menu and a great choice of gifts; we promise that our family EXTRA service makes family travel more straightforward and allows families to make great savings)

FAIL – it has taken to this point for me to get to a fail – and in terms of Customer Experience, it is a rather fundamental one. Firstly, I did NOT in my opinion come across teams of passionate professionals – either on the ground or on the aircraft. On my outbound flight, the crew were pleasant, although I would definitely not describe them as friendly or passionate.

On my return flight, things were considerably worse. The ground crew at Dublin airport were incredibly disengaged. They allowed passengers who had not paid for fast track boarding to board before fast track passengers – much to the annoyance of those who had paid. The on board crew were equally disengaged. What astounded me more than anything else was the sight of two of the cabin crew COUNTING MONEY in front of passengers. I have no idea why they were doing this – maybe they wanted to get home quickly! However, this is NOT something that I would class as professional – I found it embarrassing.

Source: http://www.ijgolding.com/2015/09/02/rya ... y-changed/