Hi from Cheshire

New members, please introduce yourself here!

Moderators: ryanadmin, RyanairGrad

GJF2303
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Hi from Cheshire

Post by GJF2303 » 22 Apr 2015, 12:25

Hi, my name' is Gary and I live in Burland, Nantwich, Cheshire with my partner Alison and an assortment of cats and dogs!

Our nearest Ryanair airports are Liverpool and Manchester although we've also flown from East Midlands when the price and flight times have been better.

Our favourite Ryanair destination is Valencia as Alison has a place in Vilamarxant which is about 25 kilometers from the airport. Valencia is a fabulous, underated City and the people are very welcoming, even to those visitors who don't speak much spanish! We try and get out there as often as we can and I managed to stay 42 days last year. Unfortunately, Ryanair only fly there from our nearest airports from the end of March to the end of October which is a shame as La Fallas (Fireworks Festival) and the Moto GP (motorcycle racing) which are both hugely popular events hosted in/near the City are held there in mid March and early November which means we have to fly in to Alicante and drive up. Nice drive though! I'm sure Ryanair could make money by extending their flight schedule to accomodate these events! None of the other budget airlines fly to Valencia from Liverpool, Manchester or East Mids so Ryanair have cornered the market in this respect.

Overall, I think Ryanair are an excellent company to fly with. Low prices and no frills. Can't really understand when they get knocked so much and they do think about customer service e.g. the small second carry on bag allowance and I have always found the cabin staff to be friendly and polite. Ryanair do what they say on the packet. If you don't like them, don't use them but you'll be losing out in my view!

Ryanairmadrid
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Re: Hi from Cheshire

Post by Ryanairmadrid » 22 Apr 2015, 19:34

Hello there,
Welcome on the forum.
I do agree with your comments on extending the Valencia route to LPL, EMA and MAN, however we can't do anything about it as Ryanair do not accept suggestions. Southern Spain is very nice but far too touristic for my opinion.
But I imagine that sunshine and weather are rather better than in Cheshire.
Nice to see new people on the forum...

Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Re: Hi from Cheshire

Post by Sbutty » 22 Apr 2015, 20:47

Welcome! I fly to Spain loads on Ryanair. Valencia is on my list and it's nice to hear a bit about the city from you. I definitely want to go! I mainly go ing eh winter when the fares are cheaper and Spain is quiter from a touristy perspective. Looks like I might struggle for a flight though!! Surprised MAN can't support at least a. Weekly rotation in winter