What can we do better? What do we have to change?

Moderators: ryanadmin, RyanairGrad

atoutprix
FR Fan
FR Fan

Post by atoutprix » 08 May 2008, 10:43

In the "profile" of each member, the last line is "Humor".
English is not my mother tongue, and I don't quite see what it means, and what one is expected to write there - can you help me?

stevestrac
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Re: Profile

Post by stevestrac » 08 May 2008, 10:43

Interesting???????

Humor is the American spelling of the English word "Humour", they seem to shorten some words, another example is Colour in English and Color is the American Version.

Humor / Humour in a rough description (I don't have the time to look through a dictionary for exact description), is "Comedy", what makes you laugh, if you get my meaning.

You can get a "Dry sense of Humour", meaning you will probably understand very subtle jokes with a very slight joke to it and you might laugh slightly. Another sense of humour (although I have no idea what it's called) when a short joke with an obvious gag to it will make you laugh out loud.

Just reading that back to myself it's a very bad description, but hope it slightly helps at the moment, I have no time left to expand further, but what you are meant to put in there as a description for this forum is beyond me.

ryanadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Profile

Post by ryanadmin » 23 Dec 2008, 11:46

I deleted the 'Humor' from the profile. I don't know what the standard forum board wants with that line in the profile ;).