FR vs Wizz air

Talk about other airlines like Easyjet, Wizzair and Transavia.

Moderators: EchoVictorOscar, atoutprix

Wizz air or FR

I prefer Wizz air by a mile
No votes
I edge slightly with Wizz air
No votes
I edge slightly with Ryanair
No votes
I prefer Ryanair by a mile
60%
About the same
40%

Total votes: 5

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

FR vs Wizz air

Post by RyanairBristol » 05 Mar 2016, 23:03

Which one do you prefer and if you prefer Wizz do you think that after AGB it will still be better?
In my view I edge with Ryanair only due to hand-luggage. Wizz air has a much nicer experience but I do think that FR experience will improve drastically as they get Sky Interior

ryanadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FR vs Wizz air

Post by ryanadmin » 05 Mar 2016, 23:49

I never flew with Wizzair. I think in April I will fly to Budapest with Wizzair for the first time. I will tell you then ;)

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by RyanairBristol » 06 Mar 2016, 00:02

Cheers.
They have a good discount club if you use them much. It would be good if Ryanair had system like this.

theB738
FR Starter
FR Starter

Post by theB738 » 09 Mar 2016, 16:30

Wizzair is a catastrophe. I had 5 flights till now with them and I am very disappointed. One of them was one of my worst flights ever. 12 hours delay and everyone from the stuff was really rude. On the other side more than 120 flights on FR, I had just 3-4 times a bad experience which could be solved. The worst was a canx flight from Pisa to Stansted. FR offered a hotel for the night and I could rebook my flight and fly the next morning wherever I would like to. That was very useful as my final destination was Germany and not STN. So I could rebook from Pisa to Hahn without paying extra.
So I still want to fly with W6 the route Skavsta - Vilnius cause I am a "Skavsta freak" but that s it. I try to avoid them. So do I with easy jet. :ryanair: :ryanair: :ryanair:

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by RyanairBristol » 09 Mar 2016, 20:43

Wow 12 hours must of been a terrible day. I have not spent much time on Wizz air only 3 flights flown with FR many times. Never had a bad experience yes people moan about the old Yellow cabin,so have I, but they get from A to B cheaply, well mostly, and without delay. They even got us in the air with only 20 minuets delay when the UK ATC system crashed in 2013 when most flights had 4 hours delay. I can not fault them. Wizz air I am sure I will have problems with them very soon and not looking forward to the day ,as along with you and many others have warned ,they are not so nice when it happens. As for Easyjet I hate them. I could not see the hype about them had a grubby seat in a dirty cabin as the disgusting orange trim had turned grey Wanted a long long wash after the flight. I hope Ryanair kill Easyjet soon.

Ryanairmadrid
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by Ryanairmadrid » 09 Mar 2016, 22:03

My experience on Easyjet went quite well.
Well, maybe it could be I was unexpectadly on the 250th aircraft first flight, and the flight was half full.

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by RyanairBristol » 10 Mar 2016, 19:50

I could not see the image might be my old slow computer. I think it makes a difference if you get the better seats but I don`t think there are many of the a/c with the slimline seats on Easyjet.

Ryanairmadrid
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by Ryanairmadrid » 10 Mar 2016, 20:08

I hope the image works now.
Well, of course, it was the first flight, and you don't get always the chance to be on the first commercial flight of a brand new Airbus 320! It was pretty exciting. And it had the new Easyjet logo, of course. You were the first to ever sit on that seat... :D
(Okay, the grey interior is not too attracting, right!)

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by RyanairBristol » 11 Mar 2016, 19:49

True
I can see the image now.
Must be nice to be on the first flight of an aircraft.
It is a good looking livery
I remember reading an article in Airliner World about the flight. Not the most attractive interior but a mile ahead of the old interior.

Vytautas
FR Starter
FR Starter

Post by Vytautas » 26 Mar 2016, 20:25

My experience - they're about the same.
+FR = bigger hand luggage
+W6 = already mentioned discount program, 30 days free of charge check-in, more space for legs in A320 comparing to B738 (it might be just my impression),

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by RyanairBristol » 26 Mar 2016, 20:40

Interesting.
I know people who say the same as you but W6 seem to get a mixed view by alot of people.
When I hear people say that they prefer W6 they tend to say its the cabin crew are much more relaxed and nicer than the crew on FR, do you see this? I see this too but not that much as FR crew have a good sense of humour.

Ryanairmadrid
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by Ryanairmadrid » 30 Mar 2016, 17:17

What is 30 days free of charge check-in?
And what are the benefits of the discount program?

RyanairBristol
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by RyanairBristol » 30 Mar 2016, 20:35

Hi
The discount club gives discount and it costs 29.99 Eur
https://wizzair.com/en-GB/travel_servic ... usive_Club
Pays off if you use them a lot
The 30 days check-in is where you may check-in for your flight for free 30days prior unlike FR where its 7 days.

ryanadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ryanadmin » 01 Apr 2016, 19:42

Tuesday I had my first flight with Wizzair. And I was a little surprised about the quality of the airline! Compared to Ryanair they have really low prices, and the 'low-cost idea' is more developed with charges for 'large' cabin bags (smart idea) and even higher fines if you refuse to reserve the bags online. The airplanes (A321) have more rows than the B378 and the interior is really nice. I think Wizzair is ok, and it's good for Ryanair to have a bit of competition.

Ryanairmadrid
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Post by Ryanairmadrid » 01 Apr 2016, 20:17

Never been on Wizz, but would like to go and see.
The slight problem with FR is that its not like before.
And each time, it is further moving away from the original aim of supplying the LOWEST fares in the market.
Something which is sometimes NOT the case.